Join us in our 12 acre private woodland just 20 minutes north of Sheffield in South Yorkshire. Our canopied basecamp and a wood fire ensure our clients keep dry and are supplied with tea, coffee and biscuits.
All of our sessions are run with a maximum of 8 people, that way we can maintain a low presence in the forest in order to experience Nature up close. The small group sizes also ensure a high level of interaction with the instructor, we'll get plenty of one to one tuition through the workshops to develop your skills at your own pace.
Families are just as welcome as individuals, we’ve ensured our family sessions are just as engaging to young people they are to the over 18’s
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions, we're very open and there's no obligations.
Itinerant Bushcraft Weekend
Itinerant Bushcraft Weekend
On this practical weekend in the woods we’ll take you on a journey of discovery and insight that will give you the skills to make yourself at home outdoors.
June 22-24th 2018 September 28-30th 2018
Click "Book a Place" to fill out a booking form, you'll need to do this for each person you wish to book a place for.
Book with just a 20% deposit: at checkout type DEPOSIT into the offer code box. (Full payment required 6 weeks prior to the course)
This weekend long course I've specifically designed to give you a solid foundation of bushcraft skills for use in the woods. The skills and knowledge that can be applied in the field are vast, what I've done with this weekend course is laid out the practical skills that get used, day in day out, when wild camping in the temperate woodland. You'll leave the course knowing you can set up your camp with modern or natural materials, light a fire in the worst weather and make yourself at home in the woods. Where you go from there is up to you. -Jamie Dakota
Tool selection and safe use
Axe, saw, and knife: we'll be providing all the tools and materials for the course. If you'd like to bring your own you're very welcome, but please respect our decision if we suggest you use our tools instead.
Cutting techniques: Using the saw and knife you'll learn the foundational cutting techniques for easy and efficient woodcrafts including making tent pegs, cooking pot hangers and feather-sticks
Tarp skills, knots, and getting set up for a night in the woods
Natural shelter building
Critical fire lighting skills to ensure you can light a fire no matter the weather
A woodland walk and forage, including plant and tree ID
Preparing and cooking meals outdoors, and the importance of maintaining a campfire
Including how to prepare a fish for cooking over the fire
Breakfast cooking, bannock and swift ways to rekindle a fire in the morning
Water sourcing, filtering and making it safe to drink
Tool maintenance - how to keep your sharps sharp in the field
Feather-stick making - for wet weather fire lighting
Friction fire lighting - an introduction to the ancient method of rubbing sticks together
- Dates: Friday 22nd to Sunday 24th June 2018 Friday 28th to Sunday 30th September 2018
- 5pm Friday - 4.30pm Sunday
- £180 per person
- A FREE mora knife is gifted to each adult attending the course for you to use and take home.
- Small group size with a maximum of 6 guests to ensure we create a subtle atmosphere in the woods, and you get a very high interact time with the instructor.
- A full kit list is given out on booking, but you won't need much more than a sleeping bag and warm clothing.
- This course is fully catered starting with an evening meal on the Friday, and finishing with lunch on sunday. Please inform us of any dietary requirements, we're happy to cater to any needs.
- Due the involved nature of this course, we don't feel its suitable to under 16 year olds (please ask if you have any questions)
- Some basic equipment will be available to buy at the end of the weekend
- Run in a beautiful 12 acre private woodland near West Bretton. We'll send you exact directions with the booking pack.
Our gift vouchers are the perfect surprise for anyone wanting to book an experience with us.
They can be redeemed against all our experience days and overnight courses, and have an 18 month expiry date to give you plenty of time to choose the course that's right for you.
Upgrade with our £25 Deluxe Gift Box and receive a wooden gift box with a beautiful Mora Classic bushcraft knife and a Firesteel to make that present extra special.