Join us in our 12 acre private woodland just 20 minutes north of Sheffield in South Yorkshire. Our canopied basecamp and a wood fire ensure our clients keep dry and are supplied with tea, coffee and biscuits.
All of our sessions are run with a maximum of 8 people to ensure a high level of interaction with the instructor.
Families are just as welcome as individuals, we’ve ensured the content of our sessions is just as engaging to young people as it is to the over 18’s
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions, we're very open and there's no obligations.
Itinerant Bushcraft Weekend
Itinerant Bushcraft Weekend
This weekend long course I've specifically designed for those people who want to make the first steps into bushcraft. The skills and knowledge that can be applied in the field are, in short, vast. What I've done with this weekend course is laid out the practical skills that get used, day in day out, when wild camping in the temperate woodland. You'll leave the course knowing you can set up your camp, light a fire and make yourself at home in the woods. Where you go from there is for you to find out.
We’ll take you on a journey of discovery and insight that will set you up for your first adventures outdoors.
See the details and dates below.
Click Book a Place to fill out a booking form, you'll need to do this for each person you wish to book a place for.
- How to plan for short trips out to the woods
- Sleeping under a Tarp
- Including tarp peg making & knots
- Managing yourself and equipment
- Essential Knife Skills for camping out
- ncluding camp gadget making and simple cooking pot hangers
- Plus how to choose a knife and look after it
- Fire lighting skills
- Preparing a fire to guarantee success, every time
- How to get the most from your matches
- Using a Firesteel- Natural and man-made tinder
- Making the vital featherstick
- Making Natural Shelters
- Locating and making safe water
- Outdoor Cooking: Good food, simple ingredients.
- Using the Camp Fire for cooking
- Natural Navigation
- Simple tree ID
- Leave no trace
- Dates: Weekends 22nd-23rd April 2017 26th-27th August 2017
- 9.30am on Saturday to 4pm on Sunday
- This course is held entirely outdoors in our base camp. We have a canopied area to sit around the fire, and an expedition style latrine to give you the full wild-outdoors experience.
- A central part of this course is to give you the opportunity to sleep outdoors under a tarp, as such you won't need to bring any kind of shelter with you. However if you feel you'll be more comfortable in a tent, please bring one with you.
- FREE: Mora Bushcraft Knife for every Adult attending the course.
- A full kit list will be provided on booking, we won't need much at all. A sleeping bag is the most important thing, everything else you'll most like have lying around the house.
- The course is FULLY CATERED and you'll work as a team to prepare the meals as part of the course.
- Please let us know as early as possible if you have any dietary requirements, we're happy to cater to all needs.
- Under 18’s must be accompanied by a participating adult (Due to the involved nature of this weekend, I don't recommend this course for the under 12's, please ask if you have any questions)
- Pre-booking only
- £150 per person
- Some basic equipment will be available to buy during the course.
- Run in a beautiful 12 acre private woodland just outside West Bretton. We'll send you exact directions with the booking pack.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, I'm happy to chat and don't believe in pressuring anyone to book anything. Jamie Dakota