Fundamental Fire Lighting
The ability to light a fire in the wilderness is fundamental skill. Fire gives you light and warmth, dispels the darkness and with it a lot of the negative thoughts that so often lead to defeat when out in the wild. With it you can cook, purify water and fend off hypothermia. For us, Home is truly where the Hearth is; this mind set means that anywhere you can light a fire you’ll feel safe and comfortable. In this session we’ll discuss the 3 essentials to firelighting, reveal the most reliable methods of using natural tinders, and hone the techniques needed to start a fire first time, every time.
- Safe practice
- Man made and natural tinder
- Get the most from your matches
- Fire Steel techniques
- Fire lays and their uses
- Some simple tree ID
- Friction fire lighting using the Bow Drill Technique
- Leave no trace
- Dates: 20th November 2016
- Under 18’s must be accompanied by a participating adult
- Pre-booking only
- £50 per person. Under 18’s £20
- Run in a beautiful 12 acre private woodland just outside West Bretton (see the contact page). We'll send you exact directions with the booking pack.