Introduction to Bushcraft
This course we’ve specifically designed for those people who want to make the first steps into bushcraft. We cover everything from the essential skills needed to spend a night in the woods to what equipment is best to get you started. Tailored to be equally as valuable to families as it is individuals we’ll take you on a journey of discovery and insight that will set you up for your first adventures outdoors.
- Planning and equipment
- Bushcraft principally requires very little in terms of equipment, and certainly people can get sidetracked by all the various bits of bits that get marketed at bushcraft enthusiasts. We'll give you a clear idea of what is essential, and what to look for.
- Sleeping under a Tarp
- Including tarp peg making & knots
- Managing yourself and equipment
- Basic Knife skills
- Fire lighting skills
- Natural shelters
- Locating and making safe water
- Natural Navigation
- Simple tree ID
- Leave no trace
- Dates: 28th August 2016
- Under 18’s must be accompanied by a participating adult
- Pre-booking only
- £50per person. Under 18’s £20
- Run in a beautiful 12 acre private woodland just outside West Bretton (see the contact page). We'll send you exact directions with the booking pack.