Join us at either our 450 acre woodland venue in the north of Sheffield in South Yorkshire, or our 12 acre private woodland site just west of Wakefield. Our canopied basecamp and a wood fire ensure our clients keep dry and are supplied with tea, coffee and biscuits.
All of our sessions are run with a maximum of 8 people, that way we can maintain a low presence in the forest in order to experience Nature up close. The small group sizes also ensure a high level of interaction with the instructor, we'll get plenty of one to one tuition through the workshops to develop your skills at your own pace.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions, we're very open and there's no obligations.
Family Bushcraft Day
Family Bushcraft Day
This wonderful day I've planned is for families who want to take the first steps into bushcraft together. I'll cover everything from the essential skills needed to spend a night in the woods, to how you can get the most out of your family time outdoors. Centered around play and working as a family you'll make a fire together, cook your lunch and build a shelter.
The £80 ticket price includes up to four people (minimum two under 18's)
Attendee's must have at least one adult and one under 18 to attend
- How to Sleep Out in the Woods
- Making yourselves at home in the woods with a base camp
- Fire lighting skills
- Getting the kids involved, and how to keep them safe around a campfire.
- Campfire cooking
- We'll make our own lunch on the fire, campfire pizza anyone?
- Natural shelters
- From fun, creative dens to practical shelters to sleep in - let the children decide
- Locating and making safe water
- A few sensible tips on keeping hydrated whilst out in the countryside
- Natural Navigation
- The deep dark woods will seem a little less dark by looking deeper into the landscape
- Leave no trace techniques for looking after the woods
“It was a great day and the girls haven’t stop talking about all they had done.”
— Mark Pearson
“Over Easter we wanted to do something other than eat lots of eggs.
We did! Thank you so much Jamie Dakota at Howl bushcraft.
We made a den, we made pizza from scratch, we learned about fire and how best to make it.
All this and we kept our two young boys entertained and engaged.
Can not wait to go back”
— Fran Goodwin
“Thanks Jamie! Like Mark says the girls think it was ‘the BEST day ever!’ Already looking at your other courses...”
— Leanne Pearson
- Dates: Saturday 4th August 2018 Sunday 5th August 2018
- Family ticket £80 for a family of four (extra persons charged at £10 per person)
- Option to stay in the woods overnight on Saturday, whether you've attended the activities that day or would like to camp out before the Sunday. £5 per person (the fee can be paid on the day). Although all planned activities will end at 4pm, you're welcome to stay on in the woods overnight. You'll need to be relatively self sufficient, the main campfire will stay lit for cooking and sitting around during the evening and the instructor will be present should you need any help. Please enquire if you'd like more information.
- Pre-booking only
- Lunch included, please inform us of any dietary requirements
- Not all activities will be suitable to under 10's (please ask if you have any questions)
- Run in a beautiful 12 acre private woodland just outside West Bretton. We'll send you exact directions with the booking pack.